Friday, August 24, 2007

Officially old...

Well, some of you know that I was elected to be the one to take my sister up to college because my parents are on a cruise (a surprise for my dad because he never takes time off work). We went up to Utah State last weekend and had a great time, for me reminiscing and for Micaela getting newly acquainted. Although I never did make it to Utah State, it was very much the same, with the big exception of wireless internet and cell phones. Not to date myself even more, but my roommates had one computer between all of us to share and we had to pay for internet use, it was not free. And she's going up with a cell phone. I never got to take my phone to school. The dorm doesn't even come with a phone. There's a phone jack, but nothing attached to it. So imagine the shock I experienced when after checking in to her room that the girls we met in her dorm all had laptops with internet access. After moving her in she got her internet hooked up and has access anywhere on campus.

So, it was great time had by all laughing because I never considered myself to be old until now. It was all very sad and eye opening. Sorry no pics to tell the tale.

5 comments:

Linz said...

LOL!! Welcome to the old club! I also posted a story about being officially old today! How funny! Kids these days just don't know how good they have it!

Owens D.C. said...

Go Aggies!!!

Being a true Aggie (with all the meaning attached) I'm super excited to hear how the little sis takes to the setting.

Well at least I prepared you for when we drove across the country to get me set-up :)

Glad you made it back safe. You know I've yet to see a comment from you on our blog??? I'm holding ya to it!

Let's talk soon!

Linz said...

New Look for the blog? Love it!

Michelle said...

Yeah, well I am feeling old 'cause I cannot believe little Micaela is old enough for COLLEGE!!! Holy freak! It seems like just yesterday we were helping your Mom with her 4th or 5th birthday party and the Carrot pinata flew off the tree. Remember that?

Camille said...

LOL!!!! I totally forgot about the party and the carrot pinata!!! That was funny!!!
Wow!!! I can't believe Micaela is in college!! Time sure flies! Kelsey looks so much like how I remember Micaela!! Crazy!