Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Katelyn

Well, you know the age old story, the first sibling gets everything and with each subsequent child it lessens. Well that couldn't be more true for our little Katelyn. She is such a doll so it makes me feel that she is slighted a little bit for us being such slackers for the following reasons:

1. Kelsey's blessing - she had 51 people here to celebrate with her. Not so much for Katelyn, however we do have hundreds more photos from her blessing than from Kelsey's.

2. Kelsey's first birthday was a hugh bash. More family and friends than we could've imagined showed up for the fun. Katelyn, well, what can I say? Her birthday was on a Friday this year and need I say anything more? We were both tired and run down that neither of us wanted to do anything. She was lucky enough to open a present on her birthday at all. So we waited to celebrate it on Sunday. We still did not have a party but she got more presents and got to attack a piece of her birthday cake.

And lastly,

3. Kelsey had photos everywhere. Up until recently, you'd think she was our ONLY, or at least our FAVORITE child. However, I am working to change that.

But fortunately for us, she doesn't seem to hold a grudge, at least not yet, so we just need a little improvement!! We are very fortunate to have 2 beautiful, healthy little girls. We are so glad they are a part of our family. And here's some pictures from her "little" party.


It didn't take her long to get the hang of it.


I think it helped seeing Kelsey open her presents a couple months ago for her birthday.


She was so excited about this first present she didn't care what came after this. Notice the little attempt at a pony tail!! Can you believe she held still long enough to put one in?


Present number 2

What could it be?

We put it in front of her and she immediately put her hand in the frosting. I thought she'd go for the candle but shes's clearly my kinda girl!!

I'm not quite sure what to do with this

This could definitely be a good thing. I could get used to this!!

Utter indulgence.

I just love this face.

I know my hands are messy but it was sure worth it!!

2 comments:

Linz said...

How fun! I know the same things will happen to poor Andrew! Oops! =D

Michelle said...

Well, at least she wont remember it. LOL! If you really feel bad, dress her up in a party dress and take tons of pictures, and then just photo-shop people into them! She will never know! ;)