Friday, September 28, 2007

Photo Shoot fiasco

Well, I tried sharing the pictures with everyone, but it just didn't seem to work because I thought they were just so cute that I would get at least one comment from someone. But no such luck. So instead I'll do it this way. For the short version of the fiasco, tune in.

It all started when I wanted to get Katelyn's one year old pictures taken when we were headed to California for vacation. But my plans were quickly foiled when my brother's girlfriend was going to be headed to DC for a supercross race with my family. She took our family pics last Thanksgiving and does such an awesome job but since she wasn't going to be there, I quickly decided on option #2. I opted to try a different photo studio because Kelsey had her 1 year pics at JCPenny's which turned out great, I just wanted different backgrounds and props. I will not say where I went, but I arrived on time for my appointment, just after Katelyn's morning nap that I thought would be a perfect time. For me, anyway!! Maybe that's where I went wrong. To start with it was just a plain white background, which can be cute, but I was a little unimpressed. The girl started with Kelsey, who always has a smile for the camera. Camera shy? I think not. I'm sure she got some cute ones there.

And then it was time for the girls together. Maybe she had never shot babies that were "moving" before but it was such a disaster. She was very slow with the camera and waited for me to be completely out of the way before snapping anything. By that time, of course, Katelyn had changed, moved, or completely crawled away before any shots were taken. Katelyn was getting more and more flustered that I kept moving away from her that she was just crying and not enjoying any part of it. So we got Kelsey out trying to distract her and make her laugh as well just to get a few of Katelyn smiling for her birthday photos. Then she brought a birthday box for her to stand in, and she just cried thinking she was trapped and kept trying to climb out. After an hour of trying to get any cute pictures I finally gave up and said I'll just look at those and call it good. So we went to grab some food while the pictures were being uploaded.

I was so aggrivated (pissed off) that 2 hours (prep, driving and shooting) of my day had been wasted and nothing to show for it. With two kids you just don't get that back. I took the girls to play and I needed to unwind before I saw that girl again. I was seriously toying with the idea of going down to JCPenny to see if they could take some because they were already dressed up and I knew they did a good job. I didn't have to pay a sitting fee at either place so no worries there. Upon packing everything up, Kelsey announced she needed a bathroom break. So we were wondering through Sears to find their restrooms and lo and behold, they were right next to their photo studio. I just checked to see and they could take some pics right then. Halelujah! I knew Katelyn would be getting tired and shortly coming to the end of her rope so we had to work fast. I was so pleased with the outcome of the pictures they got. One girl was at the camera and the other was posing both girls. So it turned out alright, but I was almost needing to be talked off the Stratosphere. I would highly recommend Sears to anyone. It was a much better experience and so much more impressed with them. Well, here's what came of the photo shoot!! Hope you all enjoy them as much as we do!!







I wasn't planning to have her birthday pictures taken, but when she saw that Katelyn got to stand on #1 she was feeling very left out.




My absolute favorite!!

And another fave.








7 comments:

Rob said...

Don't let Jess see these! :)

Camille said...

CUTE! I never realized how much Katelyn looks like you!! She so has your smile! Kelsey looks like such a mix of your sister and Dave. Glad you got some good pictures, after a day like that!!! What we Mommy's go through!!!

Andrea said...

I'm sure this other girl got some cute ones of Kelsey at least, I just never went back to view them. And Rob, I sent them to Jess too - you're doomed!! Haha

Owens D.C. said...

I'm such a bad mom, poor Victoria has yet to even get studio pics and she's already nine months. So cute and glad to see them growing up so healthy and strong. Miss you guys tons!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

I have way more than 2 faves in that group...its hard to pick from such good shots!

Linz said...

Sooooooo cute! I love Sears too! They are wonderful! Such pretty girls!

Michelle said...

Uuugh! I just hate when that happens! I have had it happen to me many a time. But the pic's are adorable! They sure are growing up too fast!