Saturday, October 20, 2007

The ipod dilemma


So for Dave's birthday I got him an ipod and he is loving it. Unfortunately, so are we all, especially Kelsey. After getting music from his brother and creating all our playlists, Kelsey has become quite the little know-it-all when it comes to music now. She even has her own playlist which does not consist of children's songs or anything like it. I know, I know, I'm a mean mom and refuse to play those in the car. I think they cause more road rage than anyone is willing to admit!! They are all songs heard on the radio She hears songs in stores long before I even realize she is singing to them and recognizes songs sometimes before I do, it's just great. Well, this weekend Dave was on a shootout with the elder's quorum and high priests (he's the reason the high priests are even invited) and Kelsey this morning asked what we had at our home. I wasn't quite sure what she was asking until I figured out she meant the ipod because she was listening to Online (Brad Paisley) in my car because that is one of the 16 days worth of songs she can listen to. Anyway, when I asked, "Do you mean the ipod?"

"Yeah, that. I want to listen to it."

"Honey, dad took it shooting with him."

Immediately tears well up in her eyes and start flowing down her face, I kid you not. "But I want to listen to music."

After I got her calmed down, fortunately Dave had left his computer that had all the music on it so she at least got to listen to it from there. She doesn't realize that was dad's birthday present and that he can take it whenever he wants. Or maybe she does and she just thinks he should share with her, which in turn means give it to her.

She's only 3 and her wish lists are already too expensive!!

Oh, and by the way, her absolute favorite songs are Sweet Escape (Gwen Stefani), Online (Brad Paisley), Dirty Little Secret (All-American Rejects), Girlfriend (Avril Lavigne) and First Time (Lifehouse). She knows all the words to the first two and can be heard all over the house singing any of these songs. I think that tops your Fat Bottom Girls Lindsay?

2 comments:

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

What an excellent gift! I absolutely, positively love my iPod as well. Our family owes all housework to that little iPod. Mondays just seem like a fun day to 'scrub down' the house with my iPod cranked to its highest volume! I have a couple of 'kiddie' albums on there just in case I'm stuck somewhere with an impatient 6 year old. Go Lizzie Maguire!

Linz said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Auri LOVES girlfriend too! and Sweet Escape. and many others that she shouldn't know. But no, you haven't topped Fat Bottom Girls. But at least we will have fun in Hell together, right? =D