To all you Twilight fans out there, this is for you. To preface this, Dave was out of town for 4 days on a Priest trip to San Diego, due to come back sometime Saturday afternoon. Not the most perfect timing since I had to have my book at midnight and had to figure something out to do with the girls. But the trip was already rescheduled once so off he went. I had a few thoughts and he vetoed the most promising which was going to California while he was gone only to drive 5 hours back on Saturday to be here when he came home. Which wasn't the best thought out plan either since I would have to spend those precious 5 hours driving instead of reading. So I just decided to stay here and wait it out. I couldn't fathom the idea of getting it on Saturday so I had my sister-in-law come over while I could run out. The midnight party was pretty fun, since I found to friends whom I had no idea were into it. And here I was thinking I was the only closet Twilight fan out there. To those of you I saw there, your identity is safe with me!!
I got home at 1:30 and while driving home, I toyed with the idea of staying up and reading or just going to bed and getting up early to read before the girls did. With Dave gone, I had to be the one to entertain the girls until he returned. So I opted for choice #1 and managed to stay up for the first chapter. When I woke up to the landscapers, sadly it was 7:45. I normally wake up at 7 to the girls and even more important, they hadn't woken up yet. So I jumped out of bed to begin reading. Within 5 minutes they were downstairs wanting to know why I wasn't still in bed. So needless to say I was a little frustrated of the possibility of having 45 minutes of uninterrupted reading.
So I tried to do the best I could. On top of this, I had a baby shower that I was starting to feel guilty about not attending just because of a book. I already had a gift, and it wasn't like I wouldn't see her before the baby was born but my conscience got the best of me. So I loaded up the girls. I wasn't planning to stay the whole time and while I was having a good time, there was a constant nagging in the back of my mind that I needed to get home. After a quick lunch it was naptime for Katelyn. No such luck for Kelsey. So I put a movie on and just told her that I wanted to read my book. An hour and a half of uniterrupted reading was great, but that just made it worse. I had played with the girls all day the day before hoping that on Saturday they would go off on their own and play, but to no avail. They just wanted more. I even tried sitting in the hall to keep the fighting to a minimum and that didn't work. I was sunk.
With an update with Dave, they changed their plans and wouldn't be home until dinner, which I thought would be better so I would have more time to read because I knew when he came home there would be no more reading for the rest of the night. Also we are big fans of Shark Week and with them running new programs all week, there was a lot to catch up on.
On top of all these distractions, I woke up this morning with "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins stuck in my head. More importantly the 3rd verse. Here's the lyrics for any of you who don't know it.
She was starin' out the window of there suv
Complainin' saying i cant wait to turn 18
I'll make my own money and I'll make my own rules
Momma put the car in park out by the school
And she kissed her head and said i was just like you
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good days so take a good look around
You may not know it now
But your gonna miss this
Before she knows it shes a brand new bride
In her one bedroom apartment and her daddy stops by
He tells her its a nice place, she says it'll do for now
Starts talkin bout babies and buyin' a house
Daddy shakes his head and says, baby slow down
'Cuz you're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good days so take a good look around
You may not know it now
But your gonna miss this
Five years later theres a plumber workin' on the water heater,
Dogs barkin', phone's ringin', one kids crying
One's screamin' and she keeps apoligizin'
He says they don't bother me I've got 2 babies of my own
One'Ss 36, one's 23, huh its hard to beleive
But you're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times so take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
You're gonna miss this
Yeah, you're gonna miss this
Okay, total guilt trip right. It just kept going through my head that I have all the time to read, but the girls aren't going to want to play forever. So I should just relax and wait it out!! No can do. With it being fast Sunday, Dave didn't make breakfast, but he did do the dishes and then asked what he could do so I could read. Hallelujah!! A got a couple hours in before needing to get ready for church and it took all the will power in the world not to sneak it in the diaper bag and head off to church. We came home and he was back to entertaining them again. They've had more playtime with him since he's been home than they've had in a week with him!! So a huge shout out to him for taking them to play games and all kinds of things. But I'm still not done!!
Granted I've only been reading for 6-7 hours total, so while you are all out there and have finished your books, I will not be blogging, emailing, or checking anyone else's blogs until I have finished this book. If there are any of you out there that have unsuccessfully been able to finish as well, may you have many more distractions to keep you on the edge as well!!
7 comments:
Keep on going and call me ASAP when you're done!!!!!!!! ;)
OH YEAH! I finished mine at 5:30this morning. SUCH a good book. I'm half tempted to reread them all over again. I'm not ready for it to end.
=D Happy reading! I am reading it again already (slowly this time!)
Crap! I don't even have the book yet. I'm SOOOO behind!!
this is lindsay dunns sister tiffany we have meet before. im shjocked to here lindsay is reading it again i got my book midnight saturday sadly im only on chapter four. you're alot further then i am it sounds like it will take me sevralweeks to read im a slow reader so dont feel bad for not finishing it yet just remember there are people who are further behind in the book. i do like it so far though
I really hope you can finish it soon. I loved every bit of it!!! I almost laughed out loud when you mentioned the great temptation of taking it to church with you. I had to struggle to go to church!! (it's a lot easier to justify when you have kids).I was lucky enough to finish it pretty fast. I think you'll love it! Ha! and I loved your friends, linz, comment. I am reading it again slowly too.
Post a Comment