Monday, September 29, 2008

Bragging rights!!

Yesterday was our ward's primary program and it was Kelsey's first time participating in it. Throughout the year she has had numerous speaking opportunities in primary with talks and the articles of faith and each time she has had them memorized and done perfectly. So it was not a surprise that when they handed out the parts for each of the kids a few weeks ago, that Kelsey had a talk to prepare.

She practiced and practiced for 2 weeks and was so excited to go to the practice on Saturday and then to say it in front of the whole congregation on Sunday. I kept asking her if she was nervous to stand up in front of everyone and I thought she might get stage fright when she actually saw everyone there, but she did so great!! Kaylene and my parents were there to watch her. Thank you so much for coming and sharing this special moment with her. She was so glad you were here.

I didn't know where she was in the program, but when there was a boy speaking she just kept looking at us and smiling so big so we knew she had to be coming up. And she was next. She got right up there and smiled and said her talk perfectly!!

She was the only Sunbeam to have a talk and her part was longer than most of the senior primary kids as well. So many in the ward came up throughout the rest of church to say how great a job she did. And how could they not, she practically stole the show!!

Kelsey, we are so proud of you and the things you are able to accomplish!!

I was unable to get it on video yesterday when she was all dressed up so cute and ready to go, but she had no problem saying it again today in front of the camera for me.

Turn up your speakers to hear her.

6 comments:

Linz said...

WOW!! What a gal! She did great and I am SURE that she did steal the show! What a proud moment for you!

Linz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

She did so good. YOu should be very proud!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

I just had a flashback to when I was in Primary with Micaela and when she was a Sunbeam she had a memorized talk (in Sharing Time) and it was about the colors of the rainbow. Yes, Marti was helping to hold the visuals, but Micaela nailed her part. I love over-achievers, and wonder what one would be like at my home.

Tara said...

Awwww! That is so awesome! Yea for Kelsey!

Jen said...

Wow! Brush a little dust off your shoulder cuz you got a child prodigy. That was awesome! I would have been bawling. Super cute!