I realize I'm a little late on posting this but so be it. Last week for Family Night we made some goals for this year. I figured by posting them, some of them may actually get accomplished. And the girls are excited about them as well. However when I told Dave this is what I wanted to do as some part of family night, his only response was, "Give me an idea of what your thinking of so I can study for this test, because right now I'm failing." So here's what we came up with (in no particular order)
1. Family Night every week with a real lesson - we did this for the most part last year, but didn't always have a lesson
2. Read a page in the scriptures every night as a family - the girls hold us to this religiously and love to get their chance at repeating their verses with us
3. Learn an article of faith every month. Kelsey has memorized them all last year and we are continuing with this. She loves doing it and Katelyn can do it with her now as well.
4. Learn a new primary song every 2 weeks. We tried doing this last year and it quickly failed since Katelyn was just learning to sing songs and has since decided she loves to sing just as much as Kelsey. Also with me in primary now, I can pick songs that Kelsey needs to work on and learn and hopefully we can do better at this this year. We've already been doing it for a week and Kelsey almost knows all the words to "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus". Katelyn repeats the words just after we say them and is loving it too.
5. Date night every 2 weeks - I said once a month since it's pretty much non-existant right now since he's been back in the bishopric and he said every week. So we compromised with 2 weeks so we can still pay the babysitter well.
6. Attend the temple once a month - this does not count as a date since we don't get to sit next to each other or talk except for the drive out there.
7. Ride bikes/exercise more
8. Play more with the dogs - they are feeling pretty neglected right now, and rightfully so, it's just been so cold and windy to go out and play.
I'm sure we'll be revising these goals as we go along, but that's enough to get started. Wish us luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great goals!! Good luck with all of them!!
Those are some great goals. I hope it works out for you guys.
Go Hawkins'!! Funny how almost all of your goals are MY goals! Thank goodness we don't have Dogs to add to our list. Phew!
Post a Comment