Our trip to San Diego was perfect. Perfect weather, perfect children, perfect crowds. Just perfect. It seems we only go to Sea World when I'm pregnant but that's probably got to do with the selfish reason that I can't go on any rides and don't wanna miss out. But with Katelyn having never been we packed our bags a left a day early for the wedding to hit the park. We got there at lunch time and had the perfect amount of time to see everything. First it was off to see the Shamu show. When I told Katelyn we were going to see the whales and dolphins, I'm sure she was thinking about the Secret Garden where we went a few months ago. Which would explain why she was jumping everytime Shamu jumped out of the water.
Just waiting for the show to start. Their faces seem to say, "I don't see what the big deal is, we've already seen the dolphins."
But once it started she went to this.
Katelyn's favorite part of the show was when Shamu jumped up and splashed all the people in front, for which she was grateful to be sitting just out reach of his splash.
Next up, the dolphin show. Katelyn still loved it, but was not nearly as impressed because they just didn't make as big of a splash. For those of you wanting a picture of the tummy, I find it hilarious because while I am not in many, every picture I am in, subconsciously there is something or someone blocking it!!
Then we were off to feed the sea lions. Feeding the dolphins was closed, but the girls were so excited to "get their hands dirty" to feed a few of them. It was extremely crowded so we couldn't get back far enough to see the sea lions that gathered around as soon as the girls got near the edge with their fish but they had a blast.
If you look closely, Katelyn is about to drop the fish into a welcoming mouth.
And Kelsey, always willing to smile for the camera.
This is her, I'm really not enjoying this, smile!! But she was good sport!!
I knew Dave's answer to this before the girls even asked, so I went up instead. Where's Katelyn might you be asking? She's already so far ahead climbing to the top.
So proud that she made it all the way without any help at all. Dave had to race to catch her.
The last event of the day, the polar bear caves. Kelsey went on the ride with Dave while Katelyn and I walked through it.
And still all smiles at the end of the day. Not a fit to be had!!
All tuckered out from a full day at Sea World. Next stop, the long awaited wedding!!
How quickly we went from this...
...to this!! You can't really see her face, but she was screaming as soon as Dave got it spinning crazy fast and since I wasn't on it to monitor the spinning he felt it was fair game. For the rest of the ride, she was tucked in next to him. When they got off, the first thing she said was, "That was fun." Yeah, I don't believe her for one second.
Since again, I couldn't go on any rides, Katelyn was up first on the flying fish ride and Kelsey had to sit out and wait her turn.
Hi Mom!!
Next it was Kelsey's turn.
This last and final ride was this one. It was like the big ship that goes back and forth but with an added twist, it went in a circle too. It really looked rather calm, but I'm not fan of the buccaneer ride either so I opted to sit it out. Katelyn again smiling before the ride started.
That is her screaming, and if words could come out of her mouth besides shear terror, she'd be screaming to be let off.

This is supposed to be fun? And look at Kelsey's face, loving every minute of it.
3 comments:
Sea World is my FAVORITE! I am glad you had so much fun on your trip! And yes - I would VERY much like a belly picture. A real one, where you are intentionally showing off! PLEASE!!!?!!!
I didn't know they had rides? Where were we with that one, she was a baby so it wouldn't have mattered, but still that is weird I didn't know that. Oh my amazing, can I put in a request and bump up a big baby gift for a princess quilt...ha ha! Also no tummy shot are you sure you're prego :)
I love Sea World. We havent been since all the new sesame street stuff has been there. You guys are too cute.
Post a Comment