Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy 4th of July

I've been trying to get the pictures off the camera for quite some time now and have been having some computer issues lately so it's taken much longer than anticipated but well worth the wait. Now that we are officially done with all our trips summer is more than half over and we're headed into the few weeks left before school starts up again. Summer just isn't long enough like I remember it being when I was a kid. But anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now and on with the show.

The whole 4th of July weekend was spent in the pool. We had a bbq both days and Kaylene came to spend the time with us and the girls. With it being so hot, we had to have some way too cool off in this heat - it's just been nasty this summer. Or maybe it is every summer and I just forget till it gets this hot again each year!!
This is definitely not Addison's first time in the pool - she's practically in it everyday and just has a ball playing and splashing with her two older sisters. Swimming lessons next year for sure.

This swimsuit is just the cutest thing ever!!

Addison's first 4th of July - and just like Katelyn she isn't afraid of them at all. So far, the only one with a birthday around the 4th is terrified of the fireworks. Still.

Katelyn loved the sparklers. Then Dave let her and Kelsey start lighting some little "safe & sane" fireworks in the street. Here's the scenario: Kelsey set them up and Katelyn would light them. She even got to the point of lighting them and then throwing them in the street to go off. No fear at all, that one.

No comments: