Wednesday, September 01, 2010

All in a day's work

Over Labor Day weekend, Dave and Kelsey went down to California to help can tomatoes and spaghetti sauce. They left Friday after school and were back on Sunday morning in time for church. We've never been able to go since it always falls on the same weekend we get our peaches and for 2 of those years, I've been 9 months pregnant, not about to jump in the car to drive 5 hours away from my doctor to do them. I opted out of it again this year since we decided with it being such a fast trip, that we wouldn't put Addison through another long car ride and that Katelyn wouldn't have very much fun either. So I stayed with the 2 youngest and Dave took Kelsey off to work. And work she did.

Apparently it was colder than anticipated and we forgot a jacket for her. Just waiting to go in and start picking.
Up to her elbows in tomatoes

What kind of tomato is this?

So proud of you Kelsey for wanting and asking to go down to help with the tomatoes. Love you sweetheart.

No comments: