Friday, July 13, 2007

A rough day at the doctor

After a rough day at the doctor for what we thought would be a routine visit for her 3 year, turned out to be a long, little scary trip. To just fill you in briefly, since February, Kelsey has run little fevers off and on, no other symptoms, but of course when she would go in, it would be down. They haven't been too high to really worry about, but just concerned. When she went in February the doctor said to watch for a rash, but nothing happened it just went away. Then it came back again when she started swimming and had swimmer's ear so she was put on ammoxicillin. Then she had one just after returning from Panguitch. It was up over 102 and would not come down with cold showers, Motrin or Tylenol. With prayers and blessings, it went down but then right back up. So this time, it was only 5 weeks between visits, they gave her something a little stronger than the ammoxicillin. Well, then 5 weeks later, the day before her 3 year check up, it was back. Her doctor was not in so we just waited till the next day, when of course it was gone, again. I told her about it anyway so she got to pee in a cup (yeah, for potty-training) and had to get blood drawn. Oh, yuck. To my utter enjoyment, no shots!! But I would've taken the shots over blood being taken. They took 4 viles and as you can tell, it completely wiped her out. But she was such a good little trooper through it all that she got suckers and even a Cinderella sticker when it was all over. Katelyn was quite worried for her sister during this whole ordeal as well. However, we got the results yesterday and nothing out the ordinary came back to worry about. So we just have to keep an eye on her and as soon as it gets up at all above normal they want her back in. But I had to be a mean mom and hold her down while the other two nurses took the blood. Oh well, just another day in the life of being mom.

3 comments:

Owens D.C. said...

See everything bad happens when we don't talk :(

So sorry that had to happen to her.

Love you guys!

Linz said...

BOO!!! Watching your little one get blood drawn is the WORST!!! (trust me, I've had to do it over and over and over again!) I am so sorry for the scare, but I am so relieved that she is okay!

camille said...

Poor little thing!!! I am so sorry!! That must've been really scary!! Glad she is okay, and I pray that she doesn't have anymore of those fevers!!