Friday, October 26, 2007

A conversation I didn't think I'd be having at 3

Judging by the title you may be thinking something else, but please read on for your personal enjoyment!! Anyone who has little girls knows this - they love cell phones. And this is especially true for Kelsey. She has quite a few play phones that she walks around with having conversations all day long. Lately she has branched out and more than just "talking to dad" she now calls her friends and their moms and schedules play dates with them. A couple of nights ago we were sitting down to dinner and here's how it went.

Me: Kelsey we don't bring phones to the dinner table. (I was clearly interrupting an important conversation with someone because the phone was still in the open position.)

Kelsey: Silence, then slams the phone shut.

And, we ate the rest of our dinner in silence. It so reminded me of those commercials you see on tv where the teenage daughter is on her phone and can't come join the family because she's taking a very important call. Oh, the things we have to look forward to. At least she doesn't know about texting yet. And it's still free!!

4 comments:

Steph said...

She is so funny. When she was over here for school on Tuesday she did the same thing. We were going to start our worksheets and when I had her come into the kitchen she had a phone with her. I asked her who she was talking to and she said "hold on, then put the phone down and looked at me like I was obviously interupting, and said oh its just my dad, I'm telling him I'm at school" then she picks her phone back up and says "ok dad i'll see you later"
It was so stinkin funny! I couldn't stop laughing. Such a girl!!

Linz said...

*snort* Awesome! I can almost picture the look on her face as she slammed it shut! Oh, you are in for it!

Michelle said...

What a crack up!!!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

If Kelsey lived at my house I would let her chat on her phone. I'm nice like that. I need my girls to grow up so I can really talk that way about my grandchildren. :)