Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our newest addition

to the yard. We've talked about getting one off and on and it seems we are on the same page at the same time, but we did it anyway. Dave did a bunch of research and checked everything out and then came home after work and said we were going to pick one up. We got it from Home Depot and it came with everything except the 4x4. All the other wood needed, it came with. The girls saw the box and were so excited, but I'm pretty sure they thought it was going to come assembled once we opened up the box. Much to their dismay, it didn't. But they were happy to help, just the same. It's almost a month old, but it's still new to them.


Staining everything to keep it nice a little bit longer.


And the girls were more than willing to help with paintbrushes just their size too.


This is one of the most prized possessions around our house. Kelsey and Katelyn fight over it. I have one for me upstairs for all my projects and they still run off with it.


It took all afternoon after staining to get it set up and by about 8 pm they could finally slide down. I had a meeting to go but when I got back it was almost complete. Look at how dirty her knees are and how tired her eyes look. But the smile was worth it.

The next day...


The ladder's not part of it, but it's the highest she's ever climbed.

See how proud she is

Kelsey is finally learning to pump. And Katelyn has a look of pure enjoyment on her face. For whatever reason, both my girls from their first trip to park on they both hate the swings. I should have counted my blessings back then.

Kelsey was unsure of this at first.

There is still a little fear in her eyes but she loves it now.
The finished product.


Although I've just saved myself having to run off to the park every chance they have some extra wiggles or energy to burn, I've now sentenced myself to hours and hours of pushing them on the swings. There is also the option for a sandbox underneath the tower, but we haven't told them that yet.

4 comments:

D'On Marx said...

So fun! I want one for our back yard so bad, but I want a backyard first!

Owens D.C. said...

What it would be like to have a backyard that was bigger than a shoebox :)

It looks great and I love how you stained it. So jealous and just another reason to come visit!

Adorable swimming pics, she is such a big girl. Miss you tons!

Linz said...

Sweeeeeet!! That looks like so much fun!! I think we need one too!

Camille said...

How fun!!! Yes, don't tell them about the sandbox part!! From friends who have done it, they hate it!!! They say it never stays in the box, and it ruins the rest of the yard!!! I tell my kids that the sand lives at the park and beach, ONLY!!!! LOL!!!