Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beauty School Drop Out

It's still too soon to be laughing and I had to let a couple days pass before doing this post because I'm not sure who I'm more mad at, myself or Kelsey. Without further ado, let the pictures explain for themselves. Let's just say it wasn't such a good day with the scissors.


Notice Kelsey only cut half her bangs off. Apparently after she did it, she thought twice about finishing the job at what I would do to her when I noticed or she just likes the "half done" look. Not sure which option she went for, but she was in so much trouble for it.

Her's is not so bad, just by her ear, under most of her hair so you really only notice it when it's all up in a ponytail, well, because it's too short to fit in a ponytail.

I was brushing her hair getting ready to leave and noticed I pulled out a huge clump of hair and she didn't even cry about it. I thought I pulled it out, until I looked closer - that's funny, no snarls. And then I remembered she was cutting paper a few minutes before. I was mad, but looked at the silver lining: she's not starting school in a week, no photos coming up and it's under the majority of her hair. She told me she didn't want long hair because it gets in her way when she talks on the phone. (Meaning she has to brush it out of her face and tuck it behind her ear). Seriously, she doesn't talk on the phone that much. For reference see here.

I then asked her if she cut Katelyn's hair and she said no. So I go on with getting ready to leave. And then I went to put Katelyn's shoes on and I saw it. So not only did she cut her own hair, she cut Katelyn's that looked so cute until now and lied about it. Here again, more mad for cutting her sister's hair or lying to me about it. Definitely the lying. Busted!! All errands halted. Katelyn just had her hair cut a few weeks ago, looking so cute, growing her bangs out because she just had too many, she has her birthday pictures coming up in a month and her hair just doesn't grow.

Like I said, I'm not sure who I'm more mad at. Everyone I told this story to, their first question was, "Where did she get the scissors?" Well, from me of course, but she was cutting paper and has never even pretended to cut hair before. And I was just talking with a friend of mine a few weeks ago about this same thing. I guess I just didn't knock on wood hard enough.

I haven't tried to fix it because once again, it's the hair underneath and as each day has passed since "the incident" her top bangs that now hang down in front of her eyes almost cover it. She could maybe pull off the swept bangs look, but her part is on completely the wrong side. I'm still at a loss. She's just lucky to be alive.

4 comments:

Camille said...

Oh Andrea...I am soooo sorry!!! I too would be furious!!! And don't worry, I let my 4 year old use scissors all the time!! Hope you have a better week this week!!!

Owens D.C. said...

Luckily you have adorable girls so no one will even notice!

Linz said...

Oooooo - I am so sorry! I am at a loss too. Auri and I have had long talks about scissors and hair cutting, and I think (hope) that she is too vain to cut her own hair. It's Andrew that I worry about (or will in the future...)

But don't feel too bad. My niece and nephew got in oodles of trouble one day when they decided to "play Mulan". Yea, think about that... Liz ended up with butched hair on both sides, but they kept it long in the back. My SIL was sooooo horrified. Liz's hair looked so funny for a while. It's starting to look better now, though. I think that this is something that almost every mother goes through! So I am sorry! Love you!!!=D

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

Ahhh man!! Believe me you aren't alone. Many kids do this. We were at my sisters house and my neice cut syd's bangs too. We could have killed them. BUT they learned their lesson!!