Sunday, November 02, 2008

The pumpkin patch

I know this is a little late, but for any of you that know what we do to our house for Halloween, you'll understand. We went to the pumpkin patch last Monday night for family night and the girls were so excited. Kelsey invited her aunt Kaylene to come along and we all had a great time.

First stop, the giant slide they couldn't get enough of.



The first challenge: climbing up. Katelyn started off pretty good, but towards the top, it was like 1 step forward, 2 steps back. So Kelsey was there to help her up. What a good big sister. And such a great helper.



Just to see how high they really were. And Katelyn wasn't even scared. She said on her first run, "I don't need any help."



Here you can actually see the delight on their faces of what they are doing!!

Finally at the bottom, just to do it again.

My favorite of Katelyn jumping her way to the edge to jump off.

Next step: Pick the best pumpkin, and be able to carry it.

Is this one a good one?


Katelyn found hers, but was a little ambitious to hold it herself. Only to find out it was too heavy for her to carry very far at all.

"I like this one, Mom." She didn't get very far either.


This was unfortunately the best picture we could get of the girls. And Katelyn is going through a huge not smiling phaze. A total fake smile, but what can I do?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Awesome slide! My boys would totally love to go on that. So would I for that matter! And I cant believe that Kelsey was able to pick up that huge pumpkin! Wow!