Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One of those nights!!

It's just crazy around our house this time of year with everything we try to pack into a month of festivities. And it seems that around this time of year Kelsey and Katelyn start acting out for whatever attention they can get, usually negatively. So last night while I was getting dinner ready, Katelyn was already in trouble for something and Kelsey had just gotten out of trouble, Kelsey asked me, "Mom were you happy when you were little, or were you in trouble a lot?" And behind peels of laughter, I said, "I was in trouble a lot."

So while I was cleaning up from dinner, all in a matter of five minutes, the girls slid down the stairs on some books, tore off all the flannel from the flannel board stories, and dumped a bottle of lotion all over the carpet. All I can say is they were still lucky to be alive when Dave got home.

And as of right now, Santa isn't coming and they have to earn him back.

7 comments:

Linz said...

HAhaHAha!I totally had one of those nights last Saturday. Well, days. Michael was out for the day, and by the time he got back I handed Andrew to him abd said, "Bye. I'm going to see Twilight again." And I did. It helped. =D

Good luck to the girls on getting Santa back!

Jess Berg said...

Is this the same Kelsey & Katelyn you brought to Disneyland?? I thought they were always perfect angels!?! :o)

Tara said...

Oh wow, as of yesterday, Santa isn't coming to our house either!

Mary and Dean said...

Now you make me feel sane! I am there with you. Let me know if you need me to rescue you from your little darlings!

Camille said...

Hahaha!!! It is so nice to hear when other Mommy's have days like me!! It makes me feel a little more normal!! Thank you!! Oh yeah....and am sooo sorry about your evening!! Hopefully the rest of the week is better!!

Jen said...

I was beginning to wonder if it was just my child who is in trouble all the time. Good to know...she is normal! Josh studying for finals = Brylie playing with every toy she can find and scattering them all over the floor

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

(laughing so hard!)