Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winter Wonderland

It snowed yesterday!! They've been predicting snow and cold weather each year and each year, we hardly get a drop. But the girls were so excited when they woke up yesterday morning to find it snowing outside. It took awhile for it to stick, but by the early afternoon we had about an inch on the lawn.














I don't know if you can tell or not, but it was still snowing while I was taking these.















The whole valley got snow/rain and this morning we woke up to this!!





























Isn't it just beautiful? Gotta love the palm trees in the pictures!! It was just crazy, schools were closed and today the kids were throwing snowballs. Just some things we're not used to. Driving around today has really made me stop and remember that I'm in Las Vegas and not at the base of the mountains in Salt Lake. If we were in Utah, though, I'd be on the slopes instead of posting pictures, that's for sure!!

Looks like we have survived another year with "living in the snow."

3 comments:

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

Love the decorations!! SO spirited!! I hope we hang up more lights next year. You definitely can't have enough!!!

Jess Berg said...

Ummm.... yeah. I won't even say anything. I think that this may have been the same day we hit an all time low of -19. I'm glad someone is enjoying their snow!

Eric and Cindy said...

Enjoying the snow also...great pictures. Speaking of pictures. I came accross your's and David's picture from the LV Paving party last Saturday. I have it at my house...let me know what you would like me to do with it.
My cell 249-4050