Mother's Day is probably one of my least favorite days, right up there with Valentine's Day. I believe it to be one of those made up days, just an excuse for florists to raise their prices and stores to capitalize on unnecessary things. While there are those of you who were happily enjoying your breakfasts in bed, a church time other than 9 am, a day off from the everyday chores that life brings your way (etc etc etc), I was up at 7 getting the girls and myself ready for church. But I'm not complaining, I actually love that I can make it to church on time without my husband around to help because really it's just another body to get ready and out the door.
Anyone that knows me, knows that I hate any attention drawn to me and Mother's Day is just that. I realized that since we have started our family, I have been pregnant just about every other Mother's Day. But Sunday was just a bit different. See, it's Dave's month to conduct and to find speakers for sacrament meeting and I was especially excited to listen to those he asked to speak on mothers. Surprisingly the girls let me listen more than normal to them and it was such a great meeting. One of the speakers ended her talk with "One of our biggest faults as mothers is that we don't acknowledge our worth." Hence the floodgates opened again!! (See the previous post for more info).
So I'm sure most of you are thinking what does any of this have to do with the title of this post. The truth is, Dave is such a strength to me, and that he is in the profession that he is with the economy. Last week I was feeling particularly down after crunching the numbers and paying the bills, it's amazing that he can dig up business the way he does and it was later that same day he called up with a sale, an elephant hunt, really. It was an almost immediate answer to prayer. Very few people can go into sales and survive and actually enjoy it and he does both. I am so thankful for the level head that he is in our family.
I'm also thankful for the 2, beautiful, healthy girls we have. I learn so much from them each and everyday!! I love being able to stay home with them. This past Mother's Day, Dave made dinner - which he makes every Sunday - and the girls played and got along, and actually let us take a nap, a distant favorite past time since he's been in the bishopric. I think it was another blessing from heaven to love and appreciate the girls again. So while there was no "pampering and spoiling" it was still a good day and I am so blessed to have a family that loves me despite my faults and short comings. In fact while we were eating dinner that night, I was reminded of this from Kelsey. She simply stated, "This is a great dinner, dad. Better than yours, mom." To which I replied, "I know it is. Dad always makes a great dinner." I'm perfectly aware of this and am just glad to have an excellent meal at least once a week.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAHA....Kelsey cracks me up! Sounds like a great Sunday. I'm wayyy impressed that you can get to church on time!
Post a Comment