Yesterday Kelsey had a field trip with her preschool class to visit a kindergarten class. She is so excited and just can't wait ALL summer long to start school. Once she realizes how much time will be spent in school I'm sure that will change, but at least for the moment she's excited. The field trip wasn't to her school but she at least got a feel for what she's going to be doing and how it will be in a few months. They had circle time, played with playdough, did some kindergarten papers and an art project, had recess and snack time. She wasn't too specific but at least these were the highlights. I don't remember kindergarten being that fun - I know we didn't have play dough or snack time.
None of the preschool moms or siblings were able to tag along on this field trip so Katelyn was bummed, but it was a sneak peak into what the fall will be like for Katelyn without her sister there - she's going to be so bored without Kelsey. Fortunately there will be a new baby so lots of new things to keep her busy for a little while and maybe after Christmas I'll be able to help out in Kelsey's class to see what actually goes on and what she may need help with. Although I'm not really concerned with that, it's that she's going to be bored and distracting the other kids around her that do need help!!
She did tell me that she met a friend named Alison and they played ice cream shop out on the playground for recess. I'm sure she latched on to her since she will soon have an aunt Alyson and was so excited to hear some names of people she recognized.
In talking with her preschool teacher afterwards, Kelsey is so ready and will do great - was there really any doubt?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment