A good luck kiss before she heads off.
Katelyn is so excited for her sister to head off to school, wishing she could go too.
A hug from mom and dad. She was so excited that he was able to come home from work to take her to school.
One last photo, only it was too bright. Her last moments of freedom.
When she walked into the classroom she was all smiles, but that wasn't so much the case when it was time to go home. She was still smiling, just not ear to ear. She doesn't know anyone in her class which proved to be a little difficult for her. Dave called her after school and told her that we were going out to lunch and that seemed to brighten her day. She eventually told us she didn't know anyone so with a quick pep talk from mom, dad and Katelyn, she headed off to school for her second day. She has made a friend each day and even remembered their names.
The only other slight little concern for her is that she is bored. Already. She gets very excited about doing worksheets and homework, but so far they are only coloring. I hope it picks up for her or she may go stir crazy. All in all, it seems to be a successful start to her learning. We are so proud of her and do not feel old enough to have her in kindergarten already.
3 comments:
So cute. Love the pic of the two sisters!
And dont worry, the first week or 2 is always spent checking the leaning level of each child. She will be studying in no time. It always amazes me how fast they catch on to it all, too.
Congrats! That would be scary to not have any friends in your class. But she is so friendly and nice...I'm sure she will have lots of friends in no time. I can't believe you have a kindergartner. I still remember the day we sat in your grandma's living room and talked about what would be going on in 5 years. I think you were pregnant with Kelsey. The time flies!
She is so cute! I hope she is liking it more! I can't believe we have Kindergartners!!!
Post a Comment