Monday, July 16, 2007

Look what we did

Well, getting our house ready for the wedding has been ongoing for about a month, but this is the best part. After cleaning the windows inside and out on Saturday, we were looking for some activity to bring us back inside out of the heat and we found it. We've talked about removing the border since we moved in and finally 3 years later, it's gone. I think just because in our last house taking off some old wallpaper left a sour taste in our months for the stuff we just put if off. But this was pleasantly surprising at how easy it was to remove. For Christmas a year and a half ago, my wonderful husband gave me a gift certificate to Home Depot so I could finally paint one wall red. Well, he said one wall, I heard one room. Needless to say, he told me if I wanted to paint the kitchen, I'd have to do the taping. So I just started taping and got a little carried away. I taped off all three walls of the kitchen and compromised with starting with 2 and then we'd see. In my defense the amount of paint on the wall does not equal the amount of one blank wall so since we had the cabinets, I painted 2. We decided not to do the wall with the window on it because there just wasn't a clean line to end at, other than the corner. And I gave in and thought it looked better without doing all three walls. Anyway, long story short I absolutely love it and finally have my red wall. And we had it done Saturday night, with 2 coats of primer and 1 coat of paint.
Now it's only a matter of what to do next!

7 comments:

Owens D.C. said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

That is so freakin' cute! I totally love it! I would love if you posted more pic's of your home, you decorate soo cute!

camille said...

I love it!!! Who's wedding are you having at your house, and when?

Linz said...

That looks Gorgeous!!!!! I love it!!! Yea RED!

Linz said...

Yea, who's wedding are you having at your house?

Andrea said...

My sister-in-law Brianne's rehearsal dinner is here next Thursday before the big day. I think we'll wrap things up this weekend so next week we won't have to do much

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Im with michelle...you create the nicest homes! I want a RED WALL. Say hi to your wonderful hubby (who earned the title by giving you a *couple* of red walls). My hubby only allowed a large, reddish mirror frame.