Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Getting to know you...Christmas Edition

I got a wonderful email today and thought it would make the perfect blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper
2. Tree-- Real or Artificial? Real, but if the real one dies before Christmas, it will be the last real tree we get. They're just too expensive to die before Christmas Day.
3. When do you put the Christmas tree up? Usually the Monday after Thanksgiving weekend for family night.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime between December 26 and after New Years, depending if we leave for the slopes and if the tree's dead and can't stay a minute more in the house of the whole thing is just going to go up in flames. Otherwise it stays up till we get back
5. Like eggnog? Love it, love it. Can't get enough of the stuff actually and the girls are taking after me quite nicely. Dave can't stand it, unless it's half "milked" down.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, quite a few. My favorites are tied between the one we put outside in the yard and one that is silver from Brazil. Thanks to foreign missions where you can get cool stuff like that.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Dave - always has been. Unless you ask him he'll tell you he's easy. All he wants are guns.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Kelsey, what else do you get for a 3 year old princess, but princess accessories
9. Worst Christmas gift? I can't think of any
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail of course!! Who doens't like getting mail - bills don't count.
11. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas vacation. Always a classic.
12. Favorite Christmas song? I'm not picky. Practically all of them, except maybe the Carpenters. I don't really love them to begin with. I love listening to the Christmas stations from Thanksgiving on. But if I had to pick one, "Celebrate Me Home" by Kenny Loggins. Not a huge fan, but love this song.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually sometime in November (Disneyland) and then hit the stores the beginning of December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Is that really a bad thing if someone else will use it?
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Peppermint ice cream. They should sell this year round, although this year I bought it early and 4 half gallons later, Dave is "pepperminted out" He loves the stuff.
16. Clear or colored tree lights? White, the ornaments add the color. That's why we need a kid tree so the girls can have color and I can have white with glass icicles. I love that.
17. Travel during Christmas or stay home? Stay home, but we do like to go to Utah for some much needed relaxation and serious snowboarding. It's really the only reason we are in Utah really. Who can pass up the inches and inches of fresh powder. I know you can do without it, Lindsay.
18. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Of course
19. Angel or Star on tree top? Angel. We found one last year that you could remove the wings and Dave doesn't like angels with wings. He says it's unrealistic. But before that, always a star.
20. Open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We open one gift on Christmas Eve - new jammies so we all look fresh for Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Lines at the post office - a necessary evil - taking all the lights and decorations down, not nearly as fun as putting them up. Don't really mind the lines at the stores though. People are always friendly and what can I say, they think the girls are the cutest, and very entertaining.
22. Best Christmas present? Growing up - a new Christmas dress every year. More recently - bikes and Pottery Barn Reindeer plates and accessories.
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? I can't pick just one - making the yummy candy, looking at Christmas lights, family dinners, reading Christmas books. It's all great. I guess it's good the holiday is a whole month long, but when it's over, I'm sure glad it is and that it's another year before it starts all over again.
Okay - I tag all of you!! Please share!!

4 comments:

Linz said...

HAHAHA!! TOo fun! so much to comment on...

I love peppermint ice cream too!!

Yes, I could go my whole entire life without snow or snow sports.

Last - we went to see the live nativity at Tuacahn, and when the angels came out Auri said (well shouted) "Where are their wings?" Dave will have to explain this to her! HAHA!

Thanks for sharing!

Owens D.C. said...

I so wish I had more money to have added to that collection of fabulous plates...I'm always on the look out for those and if they'll ever bring them back!

Camille said...

I am so with you on the tree thing! I like real tree's better, but our tree is already dead!!! And we didn't even get ours until the 10th?!! I'm thinking we will go fake nest year! GRRR!!!
I too love eggnog! It's a good thing that it isn't sold year round, or I'd be in trouble!!! LOL!!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

We just need to be next door neighbors 'cuz we could share our lights, peppermint ice cream, eggnog, and eat on your pretty plates. You would have to stay away from my house when I find my Carpenter's Christmas Portrait album...I crank that!