Thursday, July 17, 2008

Colorado - Day 4: Botanical Gardens/House hunting

On Sunday we slept until 9 am. Even the girls. That was so nice. Granted, we were up till 1 the night before, but 9 hasn't happened, well, it's never happened. When I was listing off things to do in planning the activities, I told Dave about these gardens and his response was, "That doesn't sound fun. Who wants to pay to see a bunch of flowers?" They're girls, who wouldn't?! I didn't need to be talked into it, but Dave certainly did. Jess said this would be a good Sunday activity, just for a couple of hours. And she was right. Roses were in bloom for June and July and they were so bright, beautiful and the smell was amazing.

When we first walked in they have a kids garden where they can dig in the dirt and plant flowers and everything is their size. It was shaded and very nice, but seeing how they werre dressed, no such luck at digging in the dirt. Sorry we had other things planned for the day. Along the path, there was a little table and chairs under this umbrella shade tree. Just perfect for taking a rest.

Betty Boop Roses. The only name I remember. So pretty and simple.

I love the crouch!! We had to stop and smell all the flowers.

Oops, a little too close. There's pollen above her lips.

There were so many water features, it was beautiful.

These fountains were really pretty and the girls wanted to back up as close to the water as they could get without falling in. Not funny.

These white roses were so strong, you could smell them just walking by, but that wasn't good enough for Katelyn. She had to get right up there.

Taking a quick little break before heading off to grad some lunch.

While waiting for our food, there was a little pond nearby that had these beautiful flowers and lily pads floating on it. Kelsey kept asking where the frogs were.

These flowers were in the rainforest room, which was pretty muggy and humid, and not much of a break from the heat outside, but had some of the most unique plants and flowers in it. I loved all the bright colors there.


The second half of our day was house hunting with Jessica. Dave happily volunteered to stay at home so Katelyn could take a nap so I got to go along with my mom, dad, Micaela, Jessica & Kelsey. She said she didn't like taking naps, nor did she need one and wanted to be big too. We met up with the realtor and went to about 8 different houses. It was pretty depressing to know the Las Vegas market and what you can get for way cheaper there. Oh well in our dreams, hopefully someday.

Kelsey kept us laughing the whole time driving around and wandering through the house. She would point to a few houses on the street (ones that were not for sale) and say, "I like that one" or "I want to go in that one." She didn't understand the concept of looking at only the ones that had signs up.

About half way through, she decided she wanted to go in the realtor's car with Jessica, and from what I'm told (and know) she talked their ears off and wouldn't let them get a word in. Well, at least it was someone else's ear for once and not mine!! Thanks for letting us tag along Jess and hope to come up to help with the move once you decide on one!!

Stay tuned for the last 2 days of a jam packed trip.

1 comment:

Linz said...

What pretty flowers!!! Great activity! And btw - the title almost gave me a heartattack! House hunting? Geez, you should be more careful! If you're going to move, it better be closer to us, not further!!!=D