Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy Halloween

For Halloween this year, Kelsey wanted to be a ghost. That is, at least until we went to look at the costumes and she quickly changed her mind. She went back and forth trying to decide between Sleeping Beauty and Ariel but finally chose to be Ariel. And Katelyn was a little witch. Anytime someone would ask the girls what they were going to be, Katelyn would answer, "I'm gonna be a little witch," because that's what we were all calling her.
I figured I'd take video of the things that jumped out and moved this year so you could get the full effect. It's not all we had moving, but the best that still make people jump year after year!!
The coffin
The rest are sideways and sorry, couldn't be turned. So turn your heads and enjoy.

The grim reaper. He was up a little higher than the average trick or treater so while it scared some kids, it even got most parents who stood back to watch everything.

The hang man. He's not new, but changed this year to pull himself up and down as well as just kicking and flailing.

The guillotine. This was also changed, to have a metal blade and it moved up and down too.

The bleeding neck is back. And pulsing.

This vampire in the box was new too. As they made it up towards the door, he popped up and slammed into side. As they turned, they were hit with a blast of air. Not scary, just noisy and always made them jump.

Some funny things about the girls

Kelsey: "Can I help make blood?"

Katelyn: "Halloween's not scary. It's funny." She always started out saying this in the daylight. However when it got darker, she changed her tune. She was found throughout the yard touching everything and hitting their heads saying they weren't scary. She even kissed some of them. But once it got dark and they had the air run to them and were moving, she wasn't so sure anymore.

I took the girls trick or treating early so they could get back and help push buttons. All night long, the girls could be found sitting on Dave's lap pushing the buttons to make the things jump. Kelsey was up the door handing out candy and laughing all the way as they went screaming away.

This year, someone came from Henderson (about 30 minutes away) and so many adults came back later without the kids and cameras in hand. One guy came back after we were taking stuff inside to have his picture next to the grim reaper and Dave casually walked up behind him and just pushed the grim reaper forward and he jumped too. It truly was a Happy Halloween.

5 comments:

Jen said...

That is so awesome! You should charge money next year...your house is haunted! Sweet! Brylie called all the Halloween things "scaries" and she loved them...well the things that were life sized.

J said...

That is some crazy stuff! You really do go all out. I thought about bringing the girls by, but it didn't work out. Wish we lived closer together... the girls LOVE that stuff, we always have to check out the displays. I guess they're too young to know why it's grotesque. Way to scare the neighborhood! :)
I haven't forgotten your pumpkin pictures - I will bring them Tuesday.

Linz said...

You guys kill me! I wish we could have come to see it! I love it!

Leslie said...

We missed out! You guys really do go all out. I love it. That is hilarious that Kelsey just laughs at everyone. Oh and by the way I think I hear Cafe Rio calling:)

Owens D.C. said...

You're seriously going to make the local news very soon. I think it's great and wow I'm sure you're the talk of the town. Girls too cute!