Warning: Too much information to follow in this post. Continue at your own risk!!
I don't know very many people that love being pregnant all the time and while I admittedly feel a world of difference from the first three months, there is one thing that is seemingly worse with each pregnancy. (No one tells you any of this by the way). I think aside from worshipping the porcelain throne, clothes that no longer fit after the baby is born, the lack of sleep you get before the baby is born, leaky boobs, and the constant kicking and pushing that we endure once they run out of room inside, there is one that particularly stands out. Dave likes to refer to this as The Emotional Basketcase. I hate this expression because while I feel that I have my emotions in check most of the time, during pregnancy this along with any type of reasoning go out the window. Yes, I'm talking about the floodgates that open up for no apparent reason at all and there's just no stopping the tears from flowing. And you never know when or what will set them off.
For example, last week I was trying to pick out a card for our anniversary. I'm not a fan of all the sappy love stuff, but there I was in the card isle of the store with wet, watery eyes. Normally I am laughing or rolling my eyes at some of the silliest things cards say and I can't seem to find the perfect card for the occasion. However, it didn't matter if it was humorous, sentimental or romantic. Fortunately there was no one around, and the girls keep the atmosphere light so it didn't get out of control. But seriously, in the card isle?
And then there are songs on the radio that are the absolute worst. There we are in the car with the girls singing along in the back and they just creep up on me. Is there just no self control left at all? So here's to another happy pregnancy!!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Don't worry - no pregnancy lasts forever... and pregnant women are ALLOWED to act anyway they want to. =D Take care!
Yeah, I know what you mean....I teared up while watching The Incredible's last week with the kids. Ridiculous!!!!
I wish crying was my only nemisis. I just pray i don't get pregnant with another girl cuz i was just so cranky. Dean walked in eggshells afraid I would yell at him. When I was heavy with Ethan, I was a floodgate of tears. I can only hope that when and if we try for another that it's a boy so my family only has to suffer through tears. My advise, get a good crying movie and then you can let it all out using the movie as an excuse. Love Ya!
If I had a dollar for everytime I told Mark during a pregnancy, "I know I'm being completely irrational, but I can't stop!" LOL!! At least you have an excuse though! I've been cranky and emotional and I have nothing to blame it on! Hang in there.
Oh I hear ya! On top of the emotions, I am a crank as well. What we go through (and put our families through) to have these beautiful babes!
Post a Comment