Thursday, January 31, 2008

Live in the snow

Some of you have heard this in past conversations, but I finally got to the bottom of it all. For the past month Kelsey has been telling me (almost everyday) that she wants to live in the snow. And I have responded that we live here because this is where dad's work is and since he works very hard to keep mom home with you and Katelyn, we can't live in the snow right now. It wasn't until a couple of days ago that I figured it all out. We have had a bit of wetter weather this year and with the rain in the valley comes snow in the mountains. Needless to say, driving around on our various excursions and errands throughout the day, Kelsey numberously points out the snow on the mountains and then says, "I love to live in the snow." So I asked her if snow on the mountains means we live in the snow." And she simply replied, "Yes."

Well, if that's all it takes to make her happy, then we live in the snow. Besides, I think she'd really not like it if we lived in it all the time. At least for now. But we'll live in it someday. Right now she just thinks snow is good for building snowmen and snowboarding/skiing. And she's absolutely right.

2 comments:

Tara said...

All the children's Christmas movies show Santa riding his sleigh through the snow. So when I told Hannah that it was Christmas Eve, she looked crushed! I asked her what was wrong and she said, "When is it going to snow?" I told her that probably wasn't going to snow and she thought that Santa couldn't get here if it didn't snow. Too funny.

Hannah also wants to live in the snow. I don't. I guess her and Kelsey can just go freeze their tushies off together!

Jess Berg said...

Hey, see you guys get snow there too! Just ask Kelsey! She'd probably change her mind about snow if she came to visit us right now! It is CoLd!!