Sunday, January 06, 2008

No more nursury

Now, I know all you moms out there have said at least once, "I can't believe I have a kid old enough..." or "I'm too young to have a kid in...". Now granted, we didn't exactly jump on the having kids band wagon after getting married, but I can't believe I have a kid in Sunbeams. Crazy, I know. I never thought this day would come, right along with getting to go to nursury, walking, talking, etc, etc. It was kind of bitter sweet and I was so excited for her. She loved it and did great. While other kids were crying and quite scared of doing something new, she asked me to sit with her and as soon as she saw the little chairs in the front row, she never looked back. She loved it, especially the singing time. She came home singing A Child's Prayer, at least the first line she remembered. In fact I'm told by the chorister that she sang a solo today. It wasn't supposed to be that way but she sang exactly what she was asked to and none of the other kids in her class did. She won't stop talking about it. I don't remember going to primary, but I remember when I thought I was too old for primary and counting down to Young Women's when I could leave, but it will be over before she knows it and let's not get ahead of ourselves. Here's a picture of her first day of Primary.


3 comments:

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

She is so cute. I just want to hug her and pinch her cheeks!!

I totally don't remember that much about junior primary...I remember when you came into YW!! =) Oh I'm glad they weren't putting pictures on the internet then!!

Camille said...

What a cutie! Chloe did great too. She just walked right in! Didn't even ask for me to sit with her!

Anonymous said...

Love the cheese! She's so cute! I can't believe she is old enough! Now that I am in primary I finally have a little perspective on these things.. sunbeams is pretty big.. you and Dave are getting old...