Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Colorado - Day 2: Winter Park

My parents arrived the day after we did and decided to go to Winter Park because of all the different activities for everyone to enjoy. What a blast. The guys all rented mountain bikes and went off to tame the mountain. I'm sure they would have done this all day. Sorry guys, no pictures.
Our first activity was the Alpine Slide. I did this when I was younger at Big Bear, but it had been a while. Since I had both girls with me, I had Katelyn on my lap and Kelsey was on her own. The first time down I put her between myself and Jessica. They let quite a large gap in between us and I had to fly down the mountain to try and catch her. I could see her but wasn't able to catch up with her until she was at the bottom. And that was on the slow track.

The ride up. She was all smiles the whole day.

After one time down she was a pro. I went ahead of her to get some pics and I didn't have to wait long. They had to be a little far away because I was stopped and she was racing down.

This time I raced down to get a different view. She's pulling away fast.

(We didn't notice the height requirement until after she'd been down the mountain a few times by herself. And by that time there was no going down with anyone.)
Our next stop was the Leaps and Bounds Bungee. Katelyn wasn't tall enough so she hung out with me and grandma while the others did it.
Katelyn found a nice little dog while waiting for the others. She was getting kissed all over and loving it.
Kelsey standing by wondering, "What did I just get myself into?"
Just warming up.
Look how high she got. Quite pleased with herself, might I add.
Micaela just after flipping around.
Alyson trying a flip but didn't make it all the way around.
Jessica didn't attempt any flips either. Maybe next time.
We then met up with the guys and had lunch, which was fabulous by the way. Then it was off to the human maze, which was a lot of fun. If you made it through in under 9 minutes you got a prize and got entered into the grand prize drawing for a bike. Kelsey and I got lost a few times but eventually made it out. Rob was his normal competitive self and was the first one done. I think Dave was trying to beat him but no such luck.
Then it was on. Since he didn't beat him at that, they went for the climbing wall with 3 degree of difficulties. (We don't know who was in the middle)
Rob took the easy one cause they decided Dave had the reach going for him. Dave had him in the beginning but it didn't take long for Rob to pass him. And then it was smooth sailing the rest of the way up.
But that wasn't good enough. So they switched sides.
But no such luck again for Dave. He was too tired and in the end he tried to reach for the top and missed and so handed another victory to Rob.
Yep, there was still snow on the top of the mountain. Just enough for Kelsey to think she was playing in the snow. And just looking at these pictures, Kelsey said, "I forgot to throw snowballs at Rob. I guess we have to go back." Yeah, I wish we could go back too, honey. (Sorry for the pacifier in the picture, she was supposed to be sleeping on the ski lift, and we forgot to pull it out)

1 comment:

Linz said...

What a fun day!! THat slide looks so fun! I think we'll have to go there sometime!!