Friday, July 11, 2008

Our Colorado Trip - Day 1 Colorado Springs

The long awaited pictures and events of our trip to Colorado. It was just beautiful the entire time we were there. We had such a great time, even with the days filled with things to see and do. I have Colorado envy because it wasn't above 90 degrees while we were there and it was green. I don't realize how much I miss the green until we are in a place with trees and grass and wildflowers everywhere you looked. It was absolutely amazing and I just hope that my brother and his wife stay there for awhile so we can come and invade when we need to get away!! Anyway, on with the trip.

The flight was fairly uneventful, with the exception of the bathroom break for Kelsey. We were back waiting when I could feel the plane slowly start its decent, and then going through the clouds it got really bumpy. Kelsey had a panic-stricken look on her face and the conversation went like this.

K: "Are we going to crash?"

M: (Stiffling a laugh) "Into what, we're up in the sky?"

K: "A mountain."
She was hilarious but very serious about the mountain.
Our first morning at Rob & Jess's house. It's decorated so cute, but the girls' favorite thing to do was play out on the balcony in the hammock. They were both so excited to be able to play outside all day long without having to come in because it was too hot.
First stop, Garden of the Gods. This was simply amazing and beautiful. The bus ride was short enough the girls didn't get too bored at looking at "rocks."
This is closest I hope either of my girls ever come to a buffalo. There's a story behind that but for another time, maybe.
So many animal statues, perfect for photo ops!!
Next stop: Pike's Peak. It's the 2nd most visited mountain in North America and we had to drive to the top of it.
The looks on their faces are like, "Really, are you serious? We're going to drive up to the top just to drive back down?" Love it. Who says family vacations are about the kids?!
Notice the road? That's how it was the whole way, switchbacks straight up!! But it was so beautiful.
The view from the top. Those tracks are for a train that takes you straight to the top. The girls may have enjoyed that a little bit more than the car. Oh well.
We did it. We were there. Now let's go home.

2 comments:

Linz said...

So cute! I can't believe she thought of crashing into a mountain! What a sweet (and smart) girl!!!

Owens D.C. said...

Yeah Yeah CO without me :) Adorable pictures and so jealous you actually have family time outside of your state with family. Oh, I can only long.

Miss and love you guys!