Dave doesn't remember having the conversation about turning the nursery into the play room until we're ready to have any more kids but he was fine with it so Friday night he went into turbo mode and started moving things around. Starting with the bed. When we moved Kelsey out of the crib she was 20 months and Katelyn is only 16 so she's still really little, but we figured, what the heck, we'll try it. Because we knew she was too little for the bunkbeds. So we moved Kelsey's dresser into Katelyn's room until we can get the little bed out, Katelyn's potty-trained, etc, etc. Still being a baby (for a little while) she packs alot of extra stuff.
Anyway when we finally got stuff cleaned up and moved around we brought the toddler bed up, and Dave asked Katelyn if she wanted to sleep in her room or in Kelsey's. Naturally she pointed to Kelsey's room so we put it in there. Just let the pictures tell the rest.
She was all about her new bed. Look at that grin.
Are you ready for bed yet?
Well, the story continues. We did the whole routine and turned out the light and it was a different story completely. Katelyn started screaming. So Dave laid down with her at first until she got used to it. He was up there for an hour before she was asleep. But he was asleep on her floor too, of course. Later when we went to bed she woke back up to us checking on them and the proceeded to scream again. Good thing we didn't take the crib down like Dave wanted to because we just put her back in her room in her crib to sleep until we came up with another solution.
The next day...
So it didn't quite work out the way we planned originally, but they're in the same room and the toys are all upstairs. Better yet, I have half my floor back for my quilts again. It was taken over by the pool table, and later by the girls toys.
As for the toy room, I think it was a success. And now only area with toys and mom is much happier. It just proves, Mom ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
If any of you are wondering, they do keep the bins pretty organized and they help clean it up each night. But being in the same room for bed has its new challenges: they stay up talking and would all night long if we let them. But we're glad to know they love each other and are still friends in the morning. It's a race in the morning to wake the other one up though.
4 comments:
Great idea! Auri currently has a small space upstairs that she rarely uses as a playroom, but it's about the best we can do! I am glad you didn't take the crib down! LOL!
How cute!! My girls have been sharing a room for 2 1/2 years now, since Chloe was 15 months. They LOVE it!! I love hearing them giggle and talk at night. I remember doing that w/ my sisters!!
You're brave to put your kids in cribs so early!!! Hannah was 2 years and 8 months (she was potty-trained before we took her out of the crib!!), and Chloe was 2 years 4 months. And the only reason I took them out of the crib was because I had a new baby who needed it!! Tucker spent the first 2 months of his life in the porta-crib, because I wasn't ready to put Chloe in a bed yet!! LOL!!!
Oh Andrea!!! I feel your pain!! Take it from a mom with 3 kids in one room...STAGGER THEIR BED TIMES!!! It's much easier. Put the youngest to bed first. Wait for them to fall asleep. Give the oldest some one on one time. Then put them in bed reminding them to tip toe and that they have to be quiet for their sibling!!! It works!!
Oh and I can't WAIT for a seperate room for toys!! I hate having the toys spread EVERYWHERE!! Good luck! Tell us how it goes.
HAHA! For some odd reason I just knew you were gonna say she went back to the crib! I am one who is ALL for them staying in the crib as long as possible. Nathanael was 2 1/2 and Tanner was almost 3. Lucas will be in there just as long as the other 2. hmmm, I do wish I had a playroom, though. Our familyroom is the toyroom for now until we get something bigger. Oh well, I try and make them keep it to that one room.
Post a Comment